Garmin is rolling out a long-awaited battery drain fix for the Fenix 7 series and its counterparts. Available as Beta Version 13.19, the update additionally accommodates a number of different bug fixes and an enchancment from its predecessor.
Yet one other beta update has arrived for Fenix 7, Enduro 2, Epix 2, Quatix 7 and Marq 2 series smartwatches. Last week, Garmin launched Beta Versions 13.16, 13.17 and 13.18, all with varied bug fixes forward as the corporate strikes in direction of issuing a new secure update. Although Beta Version 13.19 follows in its predecessor’s footsteps by specializing in bug fixes, Garmin claims that it has additionally began addressing a long-standing battery drain concern.
According to the corporate, Connect IQ watch faces are more likely to be the reason for extreme battery drain in model 13.xx builds. Garmin advises that whereas it expects ‘enchancment from this fix for customers this is applicable to’, it should proceed to trace battery drain studies by way of a devoted discussion board publish. For reference, Garmin has bundled the next different modifications inside Beta Version 13.19 too:
- Fixed concern the place settings web page wouldn’t show “Off” when Auto Rest is disabled.
- Fixed impediment course race tip exhibiting a number of instances.
- Fixed potential concern the place a transit card’s stability won’t update.
- Fixed potential concern the place CIQ watch faces could not enter sleep.
- Fixed potential concern the place recorded velocity would spike unexpectedly in actions.
- Fixed potential concern the place textual content could be cutoff on the pairing QR code web page.
- Fixed potential concern the place the course elevation min/max markers could be incorrect.
- Fixed potential shutdown when enhancing exercise information display screen pages.
- Improved spacing of Acute/Chronic Workload Ratio to keep away from textual content overlapping.
Please observe that Beta Version 13.19 has solely reached 25% rollout for now. As such, it could possibly be a number of days earlier than the update robotically reaches your smartwatch. Alternatively, you may head to System – Software Update – Check for Updates to obtain the update manually. Garmin notes it stays potential to obtain Beta Version 13.19 by way of Garmin Express. This solely applies to smartwatches inside its goal rollout proportion, although. Please see Garmin’s discussion board publish for extra info.
Alex Alderson – Senior Tech Writer – 7948 articles revealed on Notebookcheck since 2018
Prior to writing and translating for Notebookcheck, I labored for varied firms together with Apple and Neowin. I’ve a BA in International History and Politics from the University of Leeds, which I’ve since transformed to a Law Degree. Happy to speak on Twitter or Notebookchat.
Alex Alderson, 2023-05-22 (Update: 2023-05-22)
…. to be continued
Copyright for syndicated content material belongs to the linked Source : NotebookCheck – https://www.notebookcheck.net/Garmin-Fenix-7-Enduro-2-Epix-2-Quatix-7-and-Marq-2-series-smartwatches-receive-battery-drain-fix-in-new-Beta-Version-13-19-update.719259.0.html