Apple on Friday launched the first iOS 16.6 beta for developers simply in the future after the general public launch of iOS 16.5. The replace comes on the identical day that the corporate additionally launched the first betas of macOS Ventura 13.5, watchOS 9.6, and tvOS 16.6. But it’s unclear at this level what’s new with the replace.
Before speaking about iOS 16.6 beta, let’s recap what’s new with iOS 16.5.
iOS 16.5 wasn’t an enormous replace. It added a brand new Pride Celebration wallpaper for the iPhone Lock Screen, in addition to sports-related options for Apple News customers. More particularly, these are the modifications that got here with iOS 16.5:
- A brand new Pride Celebration wallpaper for the Lock Screen to honor the LGBTQ+ neighborhood and tradition
- Sports tab in Apple News offers easy accessibility to tales, scores, standings, and extra, for the groups and leagues you observe
- My Sports rating and schedule playing cards in Apple News take you immediately to recreation pages the place you could find extra particulars about particular video games
- Fixes a difficulty the place Spotlight might turn out to be unresponsive
- Addresses a difficulty the place Podcasts in CarPlay might not load content material
- Fixes a difficulty the place Screen Time settings might reset or not sync throughout all gadgets
What about iOS 16.6 beta?
We nonetheless don’t know what’s new with iOS 16.6 beta. Presumably, the replace doesn’t add any main new options. That’s as a result of Apple is predicted to announce iOS 17 subsequent month at WWDC 2023, so the corporate might be centered on saving the brand new options for the subsequent main replace to its working system.
Developers with a tool enrolled within the beta program can now obtain iOS 16.6 beta by going to Settings > General > Software Update. The construct quantity is 20G5026e.
Spot any modifications in as we speak’s iOS 16.6 beta software program replace? Let us know within the feedback beneath or on Twitter @9to5Mac.
FTC: We use revenue incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. More.
…. to be continued
Read the Original Article
Copyright for syndicated content material belongs to the linked Source : 9to5Mac – https://9to5mac.com/2023/05/19/first-ios-16-6-beta/